Society & Culture

Monday, March 30, 2009

Family Holiday celebrations? Should you make it to both family dinners?

So My husband and I meet when I was 17 and he was 19, and every single holiday we have made it to both family celebrations. Our parents live about 25 minutes apart, so it is reasonale to visit both. Well, now we are married, I am 26 my hubby is 29, and my mother-in-law continues to push us to pick every other holiday to celebrate. I just can't imagine not seeing my parents on a holiday and then having something bad happen.


What should we do? And do you think my mother-in-law does not want us there? Whats her deal?



My brother's son and daughter-in-law usually go to both family celebrations - we always time things to allow them enough time with each family


maybe that is your mother-in-law's way of sharing you guys




Thanksgiving you could visit both and then Christmas Eve with one & then Christmas day with the other & then the following year reverse it.





Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment