Society & Culture

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Can the registry office offer me 2 witnessess for civil partnership.?

Help? me and my partner want to have civil partnership on our own,would the registrar be able to bring in 2 witnesses from the office or building?if we ask 2 friends this will upset our familys that they went and they didnt,if we ask our 2 mums this will upset the rest of the family,we dont want huge family rows,we just want to do it on our own,i havent got the bottle to drag 2 people in off the streets,and thats a little degrading anyway,do you think 2 workers at the office would come in?



No, but you can ask two random people on the street. I did the same for my register office "wedding" and just asked 2 friends that weren't part of the group. Ie two friends that didn't know anyone else.




If you live in Bham, my partner and I will be your witnesses if that would help? register office staff cannot be your witnesses, but you could drag two people off the street, by the hair! lol that would go down well.





I would ask all your family and friends to come. If money is a little tight, why not have your reception back at the house? If you don't invite any of them, they will be p'd off and upset anyway.




No, register office officials are not allowed to take part in being witnesses

No comments:

Post a Comment